CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wishing

I guess that just when I think I have everything figured out that it all changes.  But one thing I do know is that when God is in control it will turn out all right.  God knows which child He is going to bring to our home.  I can't wait till I have good news to put on this blog.  I can tell you that it won't be long. 

I wonder what my adoptive mom was thinking waiting for me to be born.  I know she wanted me, that's all that mattered to me.  Growing up I knew that my mom and dad loved me soooo much and that's all that mattered.  It was my favorite bedtime story.  I would say "tell the story of how you got me"   I knew they chose me and brought me home.  I am going to tell our child the same thing.  I chose you and I love you soooo much.  I will love you forever!  There is nothing you can do that will stop my love for you.

You know that is how it is for all of us in this world.  God loves us soooo much, there is nothing we can do to stop His love for us.  And He chose each one of us.  Adoption is teaching me so much about God.  He risked everything for us.  He loved us knowing that we might reject Him and not love Him back.  I know that our child may not choose to love us,  but it won't change our love for him.  I know that everything we read and hear says that our lives will be changed.  It may be a hard road, especially since we are adopting an older child.  But, it doesn't matter.  I want to take the risk.  Because it is soooo worth it!

If I can bring smiles to his face, if I can hold him when he cries, if I can kiss his owies, if I can help him learn, if I can hear him say "mommy, I love you", if I make him feel safe and secure, then I will feel like the angels in heaven who rejoice over 1 saved soul.  I will rejoice over 1 less orphan!

No comments:

Post a Comment