CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Just an Ordinary Day

Well,  I really should be heading to bed.  But just had this urge to write something.  It keeps me busy and away from the kitchen where all those cookies keep calling my name!  Today was a good day.  The sun finally peeked out mid-day and warmed us up.  It was my last day to cook in the cafeteria this week!  I get the rest of the week off!!! Yippee.  Our daughters are designing T-shirts for us to print and hopefully sell as a fundraiser for the adoption.  I can't wait to see what they create!

Yesterday was also great.  I worked from 8:30 to 2:30.  I came home to a clean house!  Thanks to my sweetie.  We had a group of high school students over for supper and then took them geocaching.  It was a fun evening.  Although, the weather was not cooperative.  It rained, rained, and rained some more.  We all came home sopping wet.  But a cup of hot cocoa did the trick and warmed us up.  We also started up the woodstove for the first time this fall.  I love the smell of  a woodstove!  I think I am ready for winter to come.  I wonder what our new child/children will think of our cold winters.  Sometimes I think we live in the north pole.

Time to head to bed.  Hard to sleep.  So many thoughts going round and round.  How much longer?  What will it be like to meet for the first time?   Then I remember, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything through prayer and supplication, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds!" Philippians 4:6.  Thank you Lord. Good night.



1 comment:

  1. Waiting for God's time is always the hardest. There were so many times I yelled, screamed, cried my eyes out because I wanted them home. It was so hard to accept that God's timing is different than mine and all together, perfectly divine.

    Keep blogging, eating cookies, and shopping for stuff. It does help!! I know what you are feeling and the waiting is the worst. But also know I will be there to celebrate with you when you get the exciting news and the eventual travel to bring them home!!

    Hugs to you all. Hey let's get together and have a playdate!

    ReplyDelete