CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 7, 2011

Out of control....

Talked with our social worker today.  Waiting for a court date means waiting, waiting, and more waiting!  She said it looks like we might not get a court date until March!!!!  I pray that we get a date sooner than March!  But God is in control and He knows the end from the beginning.  Again, I am reminded we are not in control and we must learn to trust.  I suppose that is how Kidane will feel when he comes home.  He must learn to trust us, a family he doesn't know.  His life will feel out of control, but in the end he will have a family who loves him.  

Adoption has taught me so much about God.  We have to build that relationship with Him and learn to trust Him; day by day, little by little.  And in the end we will live in Heaven with our forever Father and be a family!!!!! 
 

Cassie & Carrie are making toddler size quilts to take to Ethiopia with us for the orphanages.  Russell's mom (Grandma Haveman) gave the girls some fabric and it is enough to make 3 quilts!!!  We are going to take two suitcases on our first trip each filled with donations for the orphanage!  I suppose I shouldn't complain about waiting; the girls don't get to meet Kidane until the 2nd trip which is a month after our first trip. 

1 comment:

  1. Waiting is the worst. Realizing that you have control over very little is so frustrating. I tried to tell people while we waited for the two boys, that while I know God is in charge and his timing is perfect, I sure would like to give Him some suggestions! No matter how hard I tried to be patient, or give my worries over to God, I still cried, begged and prayed to bring them home like yesterday.

    Hang in there. It will happen and when it does, it'll go like a whirlwind. Hang on because this fun ride does eventually come to an end and then you'll stand there and say, "Now what?" Which usually leads to starting all over again! :)

    ReplyDelete